Thursday, December 24, 2009

WOW!!! AGAIN!!

i decided to go see what Martha remembered today. She let me pick up the 'good' one right away. then i started asking for it longer, and longer. Then started introducing the hoof pick - let me tell you the first couple times were interesting, while I tried to figure out how to hold all my 'tools'. LOL

a couple more times and I was cleaning her foot! it was amazing!!

then onto the bad side, we got a give at the knee, then the pastern, and soon i was able to hold that one in 'position'. Then i worked her up like the other one, having her let me have it a little more, and a little more. Then introduced the pick, and got to clean that one too!!

I just cannot believe how much this helped break us through this tough spot! I can't wait to see what we can accomplish with clicker training!!

Both of these sessions took place in the 12' x 12' stall - unhaltered/tied, so if she wants to move away she could. but she never did really. and when she let me have her feet, she was really soft.

so happy with the results so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am an artist who tries different mediums. I airbrush, graphite, braiding, and now I'm obsessed with sewing. I created this blog to keep all my creations in one place. Like an online portfolio. Thanks for looking. to check out my items for sale on etsy - www.akyramoto.etsy.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers